This fab muffin remind me of my childhood when my favorite ice cream flavor was pistachio on pistachio on pistachio :).
It’s a quick and affordable recipe, doesn’t need dairy or eggs, and carries less sugar than usual muffin recipes, due to the rich flavor of almond extract.
I tell you that rich pistachio flavor mixed with rapsberries is the best combo!!
Makes about 8-10 muffins
- 2/3 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1 pistachio pudding, I used Sojasun but this is not sponsored, just really love the stuff! If you want to try it and love pistachio really don’t hesitate, I’ve been eating this stuff since 3 years now and it really never fails!! It’ll add extra flavor, but you can definitely choose another one or even swap for 1 flaxseed vegan egg, 1/2 cup apple sauce, or 1 mashed banana, the green pistachio color will come from the spinach and the main pistachio flavor will come from the almond extract 😉
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup pistachios unsalted, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, line 8-10 standard-size muffin cups.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Blend together the melted coconut oil, sugar, pistachio pudding, spinach, soymilk and almond extract until smooth. If coconut oil begins to solidify because others ingredients are cold, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient, combine. Add half of frozen raspberries, half of pistachios, gently combine again so the raspberries don’t tint the batter pink.
- Fill batter into the muffin cups. Top with the rest of chopped pistachios and raspberries.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
- Enjoy! It’s delicious by itself but with a cup of hot cocoa, it’ll be heaven!