Those croquettes are very green!! They’re so fun and easy to make. Nice and krispy on the outside, melting inside! You can serve them on a single plate with a fresh salad or make a pick me up for everybody to devour! They could also make a great veggie burger.
Make about 30 croquettes.
- 1 cup of Markal boulgour fin
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil to fry
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- A big handful of parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- pepper and salt to taste
- Soak 1 cup of Markal boulgour fin with 2 cup of boiling water.
- Chop the onions and garlic and cook them in a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp olive oil until golden brown.
- Chop parsley, rinse and drain chickpeas, blend together till smooth with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 cup plant milk (I used the new riz amande from Markal).
- Mix with boulgour, add slowly by slowly, the flour to make a thick mix, it should be thick enough to form the croquettes without stick to your hand, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form the croquettes with your hand (about half a spoon of the mix for one croquettes). In a frying pan heat your sunflower oil, then fry your croquettes until golden on both sides.
- Serve with a salad and shriracha mayo (or just a good old mix of ketchup and vegan mayo)